Top 5 Ways to Be Happy at WorkJanuary 2019
With all of the competing priorities in life, this crazy Minnesota weather and a shift in the way we work today, being happy isn’t always a piece of cake. The life we live here is so short and every day truly is a gift. We all know people with cancer, disease, pain, depression and all sorts of things going on. One of my personal and our company goals is 365 days of making someone’s day. I hope this article gives you a little perspective and pick me up!
1) Know that work alone won’t make you happy. Make a plan for one thing that you can look forward to each day whether it’s spending time with friends and family, going out for a meal, meditating, fitting in a workout, shopping, or a hobby you love.
2) Pick a job where you feel your work is meaningful. You don’t have to be saving lives to make a difference. What is the end result of your job? Do you make someone’s life easier, better? Does your company sell an amazing product or service? Do you feel fulfilled and appreciated?
3) Make a list of positives and negatives about your job. Be grateful for every positive, and even the negative (having negatives mean you have a job!). Do you have more negatives than positives? Can they be changed? If not, it’s time to move on.
4) Have a positive attitude. It’s hard to be happy when everything around you is negative. Having good relationships at work is key. That way, you won’t depend on your job for a sense of meaning. You’ll find meaning in interactions with people you work with every day.
“Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want.” — Jim Rohn
5) When all else fails, turn on Pharrell Williams “Happy” and dance like no one is watching. 🙂
Life is too short to not be happy. What can you do to start your path to happiness? Journal about it. Think through it. When you write it down it becomes real. And then, of course, celebrate!
Looking for your great opportunity or staff to truly make a difference? Contact Us.
Cheers to 2019 being your best year yet!