Landing a Job in a Remote World - 10 Steps to Success!March 2022
We’ve seen a lot of workplace changes in the last few years. One thing is for sure, virtual interviews are here to stay! A recent poll of 1,100 U.S. employers, conducted by Indeed, found that 82 percent of respondents said they adopted virtual interviews for candidates because of the pandemic, and nearly all—93 percent—expect to continue to use virtual interviews in the future. What has not changed, is making a good first impression!
At True Talent Group, we consistently emphasize the importance of how an initial interaction can lay the groundwork for getting the offer for the job you love. Just because the interview is taking place virtually from your home, doesn’t mean you should treat it like a casual hangout from your couch.
Our President/CEO, Stacey Stratton, shared her expertise on the subject during a segment on WCCO | CBS Minnesota Mid-Morning Show with Jason DeRusha and Heather Brown. Stacey provided advice on how to prepare and nail your virtual interview. Additionally, she gave tips on auditing your online presence before you even apply for your dream job. Check out Stacey’s interview on WCCO to help you get prepared for your remote job search!
Stand out from the crowd with our 10 Steps to Success!
- Make sure your resume and LinkedIn profile and experience are updated and match. You can also click “Open to Work” on LinkedIn, letting recruiters and hiring managers know you’re ready for that next opportunity.
- Use a professional photo on social channels that looks like YOU!
- Audit all your social channels BEFORE applying for your dream job.
- Be on time for the remote interview.
- Do an audio/visual ‘trial run’. With many different video conferencing platforms, be sure you’ve prepped your tech.
- Dress the Part. A suit is no longer needed but professionally dressed and well-groomed makes a difference.
- Eliminate distractions. Make sure everyone else, including pets are in another room with the door closed.
- Use a neutral, well-lit and attractive background
- Do your homework and come prepared to ask good questions
- Follow up immediately with thanks. It will really set you apart.
Ready for your next exciting career opportunity? Connect with us today!