2021 Highlights and Why We're OptimisticJanuary 2022
2021 was another challenging and change-filled year. As I’m writing this, I recall what I thought would change this year but hasn’t. We continue to struggle with uncertainty, anxiety and fear.
What has changed is that many have reflected on their lives, work and relationships, examining what has real meaning and value. For that thoughtfulness, for all of you pushing for what matters, I’m thankful and hopeful.
Our passion of truly making a difference in people’s lives has never been more important. Our core values CREATE continue to guide and shape our business.
This year, we’ve had the chance to change over 84 lives, and surely a few more before year end. You can read a few of the stories on Glassdoor and Google Reviews. It’s been amazing to see our team live our mission every day!
A few more highlights:
- We were named a Twin Cities Business 2021 Best of Business Readers’ Choice Finalist!
- We continued expanding our business around the U.S., in addition to our local and regional reach.
- We expanded our recruiting team outside Minnesota, which increased our recruiting power in many ways. We’ve able to serve even more truly talented businesses and talent resulting in one of our best years yet!
- We celebrated—virtually—9 True Stars this year: Bruce, Allyson, Jeremy, Lisa, Hayley, Julie, Charles, Tim and Stacie! We feel all of our employees are true stars, but these talented people went above and beyond! And, in November, we invited everyone to an in-person happy hour, which was a great way to reconnect and celebrate.
- We’ve found new ways of working, all around the U.S. We implemented a four-day work week, Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m.- 5:30p.m. in order to better serve our team and our clients.
- We’ve continued to support our True Causes including:
- A Feed My Starving Children Pack at the Park event, where we helped pack over 32,000 meals in an hour.
- An Art Buddies Art Party, where our sponsorship helped provide creative materials and mentorship for kids experiencing poverty
- Stacey joining the Leadership Board for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Lisa continuing to support Dress for Success Twin Cities through her development committee work. Although their physical location was shut down due to a fire in 2021, the focus for 2022 is making the Mobile Confidence Unit a reality that can serve even more women across Minnesota.
- Finally, and most important, our team, families, and clients are healthy. This means more to me than anything.
Despite this year’s difficulties, I see limitless potential ahead, all because of the power of you: our employees, our partners, our clients and our supporters. All of you continue to make a difference and make the world a better place! You’ve found creative, resourceful ways to work differently, manage kids, family, relationships and uncertainty, all while continuing to be there for each other. Thank you for all you do!
In your corner,